At a recent breakfast meeting, The OTC Space had time to ask Lee McCormack from CloudMargin three important questions:
- Will the uncleared margin regulations be delayed?
- Should Firms (who aren’t compliant) Continue Trading?
- Is Collateral a Front Office Function?
Watch the video above for this very brief insight into opinions you should consider in your compliance programme.
[00:10] Will the uncleared margin regulations be delayed?
[00:53] Should Firms (who aren’t compliant) Continue Trading?
[01:09] Is Collateral a Front Office Function?
* * *
Breakfast Briefing Highlights – For a wider perspective on the topic you might also like the compressed highlights of the breakfast meeting where the above interview took place:
Are you ready for 2017?: CloudMargin and SWIFT hosted a breakfast meeting on Maximising Your Collateral Management Programme without spending a fortune on February 2nd to discuss the impending uncleared margin regulations. The financial industry is changing and how companies approach collateral management is becoming increasingly important.
Watch these compressed highlights to learn more.
After watching you will leave having learned about:
- The major post-crisis regulatory changes that are affecting the industry
- How the collateral management community has been impacted in the front, middle and back office
- Innovative solutions for managing collateral more efficiently by leveraging legacy and new technologies
- Real life application: How the CloudMargin + SWIFT collaboration allows firms to use SWIFT Standards for sending and receiving assets for collateral and valuations
- What the future holds: 2017 is the year of integration and standardisation