Webinar 1: Understanding Initial Margin from a Legal perspective
Initial Margin Webinar Series
Wednesday, October 10, 15:00 GMT / 10:00am EST / 7:00am PST
Lawyers, Heads of Collateral and Heads of Operations need to know how to tackle the re-papering tasks ahead of them which underpin the exchange of IM. Understanding the many documents to be negotiated, the needs of your counterparties and the options for resourcing this task are critical to achieving compliance, on time.
Forecasts are that thousands of entities could be in scope for the 2019 and 2020 IM dates, meaning a large number of documents to be executed in a short space of time. ISDA issued a warning in its recent IM paper that firms should begin this process at the beginning of 2019 to avoid delays.
In our first webinar on Initial Margin, we will discuss:
- Counterparty engagement: How to approach self-disclosure; challenges for the buyside; documentation permutations with counterparties / custodians, and where to negotiate vs. accept the ‘standard’
- Documentation: Which agreements are mandatory and which are optional are for supporting commercial services; why you can’t use your existing documentation from VM
- Timelines: When to start and tips on how to avoid the big rush
- Solutions: What are the emerging industry platforms to simplify negotiation?
- Darren Thomas, Managing Director, Risk and Regulatory Compliance at IHS Markit
- Guy Antrobus, Partner at Allen & Overy
- Peter Ten-Broeke, Senior Legal Counsel at UniCredit
Moderated by Karl Wyborn, Managing Director at CloudMargin
This is the first webinar in the Initial Margin Webinar Series. To see the full agenda, visit: https://cloudmargin.com/understanding-initial-margin/webinar/